Low FODMAP fare
Beat the bloat with these delicious healthy recipes from Nutritionist, Christine Bailey’s new eBook, Beat the Bloat Low FODMAP Recipes and 4 Week Meal Plan (available from amazon).
Creamy carrot and ginger soup
The addition of tofu provides a wonderful creamy texture to this soup. Firm tofu tends to be low FODMAP than silken tofu.
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1tbsp fresh ginger root
- 125g tofu or use ¼ cup coconut cream (check labels for low FODMAP)
- 450ml homemade vegetable or chicken broth (stock cubes are often high FODMAP)
- Chopped chives to garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the carrots and celery. Sauté for five minutes to soften.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until the carrot is soft, about 15 minutes.
- Blend with a handheld blender or in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Sprinkle over the chives to serve.