Low FODMAP fare
Beat the bloat with these delicious healthy recipes from Nutritionist, Christine Bailey’s new eBook, Beat the Bloat Low FODMAP Recipes and 4 Week Meal Plan (available from amazon).
Chocolate oat bars
Chocolate is generally low FODMAP – just check ingredients for additives like xylitol. Ideally, choose less ripe bananas as these have a lower FODMAP content.
Makes 16 bars
- 4 bananas
- 275g gluten-free oats
- 30g cacao powder
- 50g vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a 20cm square baking tin.
- Mash the bananas either by hand or in a food processor.
- Mix in the oats and cacao powder and ensure they are completely mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spoon into the tin and press down firmly.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden. Cool in the tin before cutting to squares. Store in the fridge or freeze.