Discover these nourishing recipes that support digestive health and detoxification by Nutritionist and Chef, Christine Bailey (christinebailey.co.uk).
A light, raw cake using lucuma and raw cacao to create a delicious caramel flavour. Instead of using a large cake tin, you could press the mixture into individual moulds.
Makes 12 portions
Preparation: 20 minutes
Storage: Will keep in the fridge for three days
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 apples, grated
- 115g/4oz/1 cup pecans, finely ground
- 85g/3oz/1 cup shredded coconut
- 2tbsp lucuma powder
- 2tbsp raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 150g/5½ oz/1¼ cup raisins
- 60g/2¼ oz dried apple, soaked for 15 minutes
- 60g/2¼ oz dates, soaked for 15 minutes
- 1 whole orange, peeled and pips removed
- Finely grate the apple and carrots. Place in a large bowl with the nuts, lucuma, cacao, cinnamon, salt and raisins.
- Drain the dried apple and dates and place in a blender with the orange. Process to form a paste. Add to the nut mixture and combined thoroughly. Place the mixture in batches in a food processor and pulse to form a wet dough. Do not over mix.
- Press the mixture into a greased, lined 20cm (8inch) cake tin and chill for two to three hours before serving.