Discover these nourishing recipes that support digestive health and detoxification by Nutritionist and Chef, Christine Bailey (christinebailey.co.uk).
A lovely light creamy soup. Broccoli is rich in glucosinolates, which helps support liver detoxification, while the pear provides plenty of additional fibre for digestive health.
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 stick of celery, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small potato, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1tbsp tamari
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 400g fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 2 ripe pears, cored, peeled and chopped
- Place the stock, onion, celery, garlic, potato, lemon juice and tamari in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the broccoli and simmer for three to four minutes until the broccoli is just tender.
- Process the soup with the pears in a blender to create a thick, smooth soup. Season to taste. Spoon into bowls and drizzle with a little tamari or olive oil to taste.