Discover these nourishing recipes that support digestive health and detoxification by Nutritionist and Chef, Christine Bailey (christinebailey.co.uk).
A light lemon dressing coats this wonderfully refreshing salad. Perfect on its own or as an accompaniment to a main dish. Fennel contains essential oils, such as anethole, which are mildly diuretic, while apples are a great source of pectin and fibre to support digestion.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Storage: Will keep in the fridge for two days
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 apples
- 2 carrots
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2tsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp lemon zest
- 2tsp yacon syrup
- 4tbsp hemp or flaxseed oil
- Handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Using a food processor slicing attachment, mandolin or sharp serrated knife, cut the fennel, apple and carrot into thin julienne. Place in a large bowl and add the onion and thyme.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl. Just before serving, toss the salad with the dressing. Season with black pepper.