Discover these nourishing recipes that support digestive health and detoxification by Nutritionist and Chef, Christine Bailey (christinebailey.co.uk).
Instead of resorting to sugary cereals, try this protein packed nut and seed muesli. Simply top with fresh fruit and coconut yogurt for a simple, fuss free breakfast. The combination of seeds and nuts makes this high in fibre, protein and healthy fats to energise your morning.
Preparation: 10 minutes
Storage: Keep in an airtight container for one month
- 40g/1½/1 cup shredded dried coconut flakes
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 40g/1½/½ cup chopped pecans
- 35g/1½/¼ cup cracked flaxseed or ground flaxseed
- 4tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 4tbsp sunflower seeds
- 60g/2oz/½ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 2tbsp sesame seeds
- 2tbsp shelled hemp seeds
- 55g/2oz goji berries
- 55g/2oz mixed dried berries
- Nut milk to serve
- Fresh berries to serve
- Simply place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with the nut milk. Top with fresh fruit.