Lighten up your meals with these delicious, healthy recipes from Nutritionist, Christine Bailey.
A soothing dairy-free soup with a little spicy kick from garlic and chilli. The soup can be prepared in advance and reheated.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli (optional), deseeded and diced
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400g can coconut milk
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 2tsp tamari soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 handful of coriander leaves, chopped, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and gently fry the onion, garlic, chilli if using, and turmeric for five minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and stir to coat in the oil.
- Pour in the coconut milk, stock and tamari. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Process the soup in a blender until smooth. Divide into bowls and sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves.