Lighten up your meals with these delicious, healthy recipes from Nutritionist, Christine Bailey.
Serve this nutrient-dense pudding for breakfast or a snack. Chia seeds are rich in omega 3 and easily digestible protein and fibre. Raspberries are a great source of polyphenols, antioxidants that help support a healthy gut microbiome.
Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus 15 minutes soaking
- 5tbsp chia seeds
- 500ml coconut milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
For the raspberry purée:
- 200g raspberries – fresh or frozen
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 2tsp maple syrup
- Place the coconut milk and protein powder if using in a blender and process. Stir in the chia seeds and leave to soak for one to two hours or overnight.
- Combine the raspberry purée ingredients in a small food processor or blitz with a hand blender. Spoon a third of the coconut chia mixture in a blender with the raspberry purée and pulse to combine.
- To assemble, spoon some of the raspberry mixture into glasses then top with the coconut chia mixture. Top with raspberries and serve.