BRAIN BOOSTING FOODS
Want to give your brain a boost? Try these delicious recipes from Nutritionist and Author of the Brain Boost Diet, Christine Bailey.
Christine’s avocado and chocolate protein truffles
With just a handful of ingredients, these chocolate truffles are low in sugar and a great source of monounsaturated fats. The addition of chocolate protein powder gives these little bites a fabulous protein boost too. Perfect as a pick me up treat, especially after a workout.
Makes around 20 truffles
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 40g chocolate protein powder
- 30g raw cacao powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- 30g xylitol ground up fine (or using icing sugar)
- Cocoa powder and desiccated coconut for rolling
- Melt the chocolate with the coconut oil over a low heat.
- Place all the ingredients including the chocolate in a food processor and process to combine.
- You should end up with a soft dough.
- Scatter some additional cocoa powder or desiccated coconut on a tray.
- Take bite size pieces of the mixture and roll into balls. Place on the tray and dust in a little cocoa powder or desiccated coconut.
- Place in the fridge and allow to chill to firm up slightly. These will keep in the fridge for one week.
Get the book – The Brain Boost Diet, by Christine Bailey, from Nourish Books.
What you fuel your body with is at the heart of improving your health and this is even more true with the keep your brain fit. The Brain Boost Diet is a four-week diet plan to cleanse and renew your brain health. Based on functional medicine principles, the plan addresses underlying imbalances in the body and brain that contribute to these conditions, such as inflammation, glycation, fatty acid imbalances, poor methylation and low nutritional status.
With a focus on beneficial fats and nutrient-dense everyday foods, the plan is made up of 100 delicious, easy recipes that are packed with nutrients designed to optimise brain health and function. It’s a delicious way to cleanse your brain of imbalances and nourish, energise and heal your brain for a sharper, calmer, healthier you.