BRAIN BOOSTING FOODS
Want to give your brain a boost? Try these delicious recipes from Nutritionist and Author of the Brain Boost Diet, Christine Bailey.
Asian coconut broth with dumplings
A light healing broth making use of homemade stock and coconut milk. The dumplings can be made with white fish as well as prawns and provides an easy to way to increase your fish intake.
- 1 x 400g can full fat coconut milk
- 100ml homemade chicken stock
- 1½ tsp tom yum paste
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 1tsp tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 100g baby spinach or boy choy shredded
- ½ tsp sesame oil to garnish
- Handful of coriander to garnish
- ½ tsp grated root ginger
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 200g raw prawns
- 1 egg white
- 1tsp arrowroot
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- Make the dumplings – place the ginger, spring onion, prawns in a food processor a process until finely chopped. Add the egg white, arrowroot and seasoning. Process to combine. Form into little balls.
- Place the coconut milk, chicken stock in a pan and heat gently. Add the tom yum paste, turmeric, spring onion, tamari and simmer gently.
- Drop in the dumplings and spinach. Cook for three to four minutes until the balls rise to the surface.
- Spoon into bowls and garnish with some coriander leaves and a drizzle of sesame oil
Get the book – The Brain Boost Diet, by Christine Bailey, from Nourish Books.
What you fuel your body with is at the heart of improving your health and this is even more true with the keep your brain fit. The Brain Boost Diet is a four-week diet plan to cleanse and renew your brain health. Based on functional medicine principles, the plan addresses underlying imbalances in the body and brain that contribute to these conditions, such as inflammation, glycation, fatty acid imbalances, poor methylation and low nutritional status.
With a focus on beneficial fats and nutrient-dense everyday foods, the plan is made up of 100 delicious, easy recipes that are packed with nutrients designed to optimise brain health and function. It’s a delicious way to cleanse your brain of imbalances and nourish, energise and heal your brain for a sharper, calmer, healthier you.