Nourishing your children – easy child-friendly recipes
Looking for some healthy inspiration to keep your children nourished? Nutritionist, Christine Bailey, shares some recipes from her book, My Kids Can’t Eat That: How to Deal with Allergies & Intolerances in Children (www.christinebailey.co.uk).
Roasted peach yogurt ice cream
A super easy ice cream recipe, which does not require an ice cream maker. With just a handful of ingredients, this is a delicious, healthy treat for the family
- 4 peaches
- 250g vanilla coconut or soy yogurt
- 1 x can coconut milk
- 2tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190C, Gas mark 5.
- Cut the peaches into thick slices and place on a baking tray.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until soft and lightly golden. Allow to cool.
- Place all the ingredients, including the peaches, in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.
- Pour into a freezer proof container and freeze until firm. If you have an ice cream maker, simply pour into the ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions.