Struggling with joint pain and inflammation? Try these anti-inflammatory nourishing recipes from Nutritionist, Christine Bailey (www.christinebailey.co.uk).
The oily richness of the trout contrasts beautifully with the sweet lychees and peppery rocket leaves. Hot smoked trout requires no preparation making this an ideal speedy healthy lunch or evening meal. Trout is a great oily fish and useful source of anti-inflammatory and bone supporting omega 3 fats.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 seconds
- 225g hot smoked trout
- 150g mange tout
- 2 large handfuls of rocket leaves
- ½ cucumber, cut in half lengthways seeds removed and sliced
- 10 lychees, peeled, stoned and cut in half
- Handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
- Handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 60g toasted cashew nuts
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2tsp xylitol
- 1-2tbsp fish sauce to taste
- Blanch the mange tout in boiling water for 30 seconds, drain and refresh under cold water.
- Place the mange tout with the rocket, cucumber, lychees, herbs, chilli and onion. Break up the trout and scatter over the top with the toasted cashew nuts.
- Mix together the lime juice, xylitol and fish sauce. Drizzle over the salad to serve.