Looking for a boost this autumn? Try these nourishing recipes from Nutritionist and author, Christine Bailey.
A delicious raw protein bar – simple to make and the combination of protein, fibre and dried fruits will keep you energised through the day.
Makes 24 bars
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Storage: Will keep in the fridge for up to one week. Can freeze for up to one month.
- 125g pitted soft dates
- 150g dried cherries
- 250g cashew nuts
- 250g almonds
- 2tbsp shelled hemp seeds or ground flaxseed
- 85g raw cacao powder
- 150g cacao butter, melted
- 3tbsp xylitol or caster sugar
- Soak the dates and half of the cherries in warm water for 15 minutes, then drain.
- Purée the nuts in a food processor or high-speed blender to form a fine meal. Place in a bowl with the seeds and cacao powder. Mix well.
- Place the dates, soaked cherries, melted cacao butter and xylitol in a food processor and blend until smooth. Add to the nut mixture.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands to form a stiff dough. Press into a tray and chill for one to two hours until firm or freeze to firm up.
- Cut into bars. Store in the fridge until ready to eat.