Struggling with joint pain and inflammation? Try these anti-inflammatory nourishing recipes from Nutritionist, Christine Bailey (www.christinebailey.co.uk).
Creamy yet light and nourishing, the addition of nut butter provides plenty of bone supporting minerals including magnesium, zinc and calcium.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Storage: Will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days
- 2 carrots, spiralised or julienned
- 1 courgette, spiralised or julienned
- ½ red pepper, sliced thinly
- ½ yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- Large handful of soaked kelp noodles or cooked rice noodles
- 30g/1oz raw coconut flakes
- 3tbsp cashew nuts
- Handful of mung bean sprouts
- Handful of coriander and Thai basil leaves, chopped
- 3tbsp almond butter or tahini
- 1tbsp lemon juice
1tsp xylitol or maple syrup
2tbsp tamari soy sauce
2tbsp olive oil
1tsp ground cumin
Pinch of chilli powder or flakes
80ml 2½ fl oz /1/3 cup water
- To make the nut sauce, simply blend all the ingredients together adding enough water to create a thick dressing
- Place all the ingredients for the salad in a large bowl and stir through the nut sauce.