Looking for a boost this autumn? Try these nourishing recipes from Nutritionist and author, Christine Bailey.
A light salad with a tangy dressing. Ideal as a side salad or main with some additional protein. Using alfalfa sprouts is a great way to plenty of antioxidants, as well as nutrients like vitamin K, copper, folate, and magnesium.
- 1 head of chicory
- 225g/8oz mixed salad greens (such as watercress, baby spinach and romaine)
- 1 carrot
- 1 beetroot
- ½ red pepper
- 50g/1½ oz alfalfa sprouts
- 2tbsp capers, rinsed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1tsp white miso
- 1tbsp orange juice
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil or flaxseed oil
- ½ tsp sea salt and black pepper
- Slice the chicory into 2cm pieces and place in a large bowl with the mixed salad greens. Cut the carrot, beetroot and pepper into thin strips and place in the bowl. Scatter over the alfalfa sprouts.
- Mix together all the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad just before serving.