‘Lepicol Lighter is a high fibre product containing seven strains of live bacteria, chromium, an essential mineral that helps the maintenance of normal blood glucose levels, glucomannan, a plant fibre which contributes to weight loss and psyllium husk, which contributes to maintaining normal bowel transit.’
Manufactured by Probiotics International Ltd (Protexin), the makers of Bio-Kult and Lepicol, Lepicol Lighter contains seven strains of live bacteria to help support your gut flora. It also contains psyllium husk to support bowel movements, chromium to maintain normal blood glucose levels and glucomannan, which contributes to weight loss.
I like the vibrant packaging and it’s surprisingly easy to take. In each box is 30 powder sachets, and you take one sachet 10 minutes before each main meal – so you have three a day. You rip the sachet and mix the powder in a glass of water and then drink!
I found that the powder mixes really easily, leaving no nasty lumps or powder floating on the top. I have to admit that the colour isn’t the most appetising, as you mix it turns into a a shade of muggy yellow brown but it is similar to cloudy apple juice so not completely off putting. I appreciate that the fact that it doesn’t smell. It surprisingly has no flavour, it just tastes like normal water with a thicker consistency.
If you are nervous, I would recommend adding some fruit squash or fruit juice to hide the colour and you honestly won’t notice the powder stirred in at all.
Alongside Lepicol Lighter, the brand recommend sticking to these top five healthier lifestyle tips:
- Consume a good quality protein source with each meal or snack to help sustain fullness for longer and enjoy some omega-3 fats such as oily fish, flaxseeds and walnuts to help increase satiety, reduce inflammation and burn stored body fat.
- Swap processed foods high in sugar or refined carbs for real foods such as fibrous colourful veg, providing you with more energising nutrients and less of a sugar dip mid-afternoon – keep a food diary to help stay on track.
- Stick to a regular routine so your body can regulate hunger hormones and mood fluctuations. Keep focused and calm when eating to improve digestion and to notice when you’re full!
- Let your friends and family know so they can support you in reaching your end goal.
- Focus on your goal – remember healthy weight loss should be a gentle enjoyable jog in the park, not a race.
Each box contains 30 sachets, so should last 10 days and is priced at £17.99. I love the fact that it has multiple benefits, not only does it help support weight loss but it also supports your digestive health and blood glucose levels. I recommend giving it a try!